Monitoring the MiniBooNE Horn
IMPORTANT: As of now, the bit "CAP Bank Voltage"
(E:ISTPST) will read
Low when the bit "On/Off" is
This is NOT a trip, and CANNOT be Reset.
This bit will return to OK when the horn
(E:MBHREF) is turned back
If the MiniBooNE horn trips, go to E30<4>.
This is what the page looks like when there is no trip:
Find which parameter tripped.
Open the digital status for that parameter and capture the image in the e-log.
Reset the tripped parameter and continue running.
Remember to call the MiniBooNE control room (2757) and tell them what happened.
If there are 3 trips of the same indication within eight hours, call Leon Bartelson.
From E30<4> you can monitor the listed parameters.
Digitial status parameters will be explained in their own section.
- V-Cap digital status.
- V-SCR digital status.
- I-Cell digital status.
- Horn digital status page one.
- Horn digital status page two.
- Horn power supply reference.
- Total horn current.
This value is not latched, so you should FTP it to see the current.
This page gives the status of the V-Cap channels.
This page gives the status of the V-SCR channels.
This page gives the status of the I-Cells channels.
Note that in this example, I-Cell 8 is BAD.
Normally, all channels should be OK.
- Repetition Rate
- This will trip if the repetition rate exceeds ???.
- SCR Trig St
- Indicate whether the horn it on or off.
- Rel Err
- VSCR TRIP
- Iload TRIP
- Charging I Ok
- Indicates whether the charging current is within tolerance.
- Ground Fault
- Indicates a ground fault.
- CAP Bank Voltage
- Indicates that the capacitor bank voltage is out of tolerance.
In this example, the horn is off, so the capacitor bank voltage is
low (because the capacitor bank is not charging).
- Inactivity Timer
- The power supply will turn off if it is not pulsed for ???.
When the power supply is reset and turned back on, this will clear.
- Klixons (bi-metallic strip that opens a circuit when a given temperature is
Klixon 1 is located ???.
Klixon 2 is located ???.
- Crow Trig St
- Crowbar ...
- P.S. Fault
- Power supply fault.
This can occur if ...
- LCW/Air/15V Drive
- This is a summed status from the water skid.
Refer to RAW Monitoring page
- VCAP TRIP
- Spare 6
- Spare input -- not used at this time.
- 1 Hz./Burst
- Indicates whether the supply is in local or remote control.
This lists the same stuff as above.
Last Modified: 09 November 2003