- Neutrinos come in 3 flavors: electron, muon, and tau.
- Neutrinos are everywhere!
- 100 trillion neutrinos pass through our body in 1 second;
- in 1 gallon of space, there are a million neutrinos.
- Neutrinos are created by nuclear reactions in our Sun, and carry away about 10%
of the Sun's energy.
- Most neutrinos were created about 20 billion years ago, in the earliest moments
of the Big Bang.
- In a supernova, neutrinos escape the imploding star faster than the light.
- If a neutrino has mass, its flavor can change i.e. the neutrino oscillates.